Custom Orthotics & Bracing
Maintain proper foot biomechanics and achieve correct body movement and function with custom orthotics. If you have dysfunctional muscles, joints, or tendons in your feet, it can cause pain and disrupt the foot mechanic leading to biomechanical compensations resulting in the hip, low back, or knee pain. The solution, as already mentioned, is using custom-made orthotics. For custom Orthotics in Toronto, visit Physiomount.
Over-pronation is said to be a common form of bad foot biomechanics. Here, the arches drop, and the feet and ankles roll inwards of the feet. Over-pronation can be corrected with Orthotic insoles. They realign the foot and ankle bones to their neutral position and restore natural foot function. Overall, the problems from your feet will be eliminated along with the knees, hips, and lower back.
Orthotics treat several medical conditions as say the doctors.
- Arthritis: Rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis can cause discomfort in the feet and poor positioning that orthotics may help to correct.
- Back pain: Sometimes poor positioning of the feet, such as arches that roll inward, or lack of cushioning can cause pain that orthotics can lessen.
- Bunions: Bunions are painful bumps that can develop at the base of the big toe and cause foot deformities. Orthotics with a wide toe box can help to reduce pressure on the big toe.
- Bursitis: Inflammation of fluid-filled sacs in the heels and toes can cause bursitis pain and discomfort. Orthotics with heel and arch support can help to reduce bursitis discomfort.
- Diabetes: Sometimes, a person with diabetes can lose sensation in their feet, a condition known as diabetic neuropathy. When this occurs, orthotics can help to reduce excess stress and pressure that can lead to foot ulcers.
- Flat Feet: Flat feet can cause foot, ankle, and back pain. Orthotics can help to support the feet and promote proper foot positioning.
- Hammer Toes: Hammer toes often occur as a side effect of bunions on the big toe. They cause second-toe pain and deformities on the ball of the foot. Orthotics can provide additional support to the feet and reduce the likelihood that hammer toes will worsen.
- Heel Spurs: Heel spurs are conditions where excess bone grows on the back or bottom of the heel. Orthotics can support the foot and reduce inflammation.
- Painful Pes Cavus (High arches): Very high arches can stress muscles in the feet and lead to a number of conditions, such as shin splints, knee pain, and plantar fasciitis. Orthotics can help prevent a person’s feet from rolling excessively inward or outward.
- Injuries: People who’ve experienced trauma to their feet and ankles may require extra support during the healing process with orthotics.
- Plantar Fasciitis: Plantar fasciitis is a common cause of heel pain. Doctors may sometimes recommend orthotics to support the heel and foot.
Bracing treats several orthopedic conditions by providing stability and support. They correct injuries, unequal alignment, prevent damage, maintain joint function, and are suitable for osteoarthritic and post-operative care. There are types of bracing available at Physiomount. We will determine the best fit for you by working with your medical professional. Physiomount is dedicated to proper orthopedic bracing equipment as per your body preferences. Contact us to know how we can be of help to you.
3D Scanning for Custom Orthotics Therapy
Orthotics are used to prevent or rehabilitate an injury. Various types of orthotics are used in and after the treatment.
We use a 3D scanner for orthotics that precisely captures the anatomical foot shape. Taking the 3D scan, we import it to the computer to begin the design modification. We can develop a treatment plan with the captured measurements and biomechanical assessment.
Our 3D scans deformities for an abnormal foot before the feet erodes. Similarly, treatments for foot orthoses ‘orthotics prescription’ and customized shoes or insoles needed can be confirmed. Obtain the correct fit with our 3D scanning for custom orthotics therapy.